Wednesday 2 April 2008

Climbing back on the horse

As you might have noticed, possibly due largely to the fact that I have yet to actually make my first editorial on HF, I've not had much time for modelling these past few weeks. This is mostly due to getting the house ready for sale. That is now done and our house is on the market, but now my brother-in-law has arrived from the UK for a surprise visit. It’s been almost 4 years since we last saw him so it’s good to have him around. Oh, and to top it off, I have been sent back to JPMorgan – this time I have not been spared the pains of OneDesk and I have virtually no ‘net access. Despite all these goings on, I have managed to steal a few minutes here and there, for real modelling mind you, not the virtual kind - i.e. reviews, editorials, or even simply surfing the model sites.
But I digress so slightly. I'm back on the Sertorial Legionary horse after rushing and taking a fall. No matter though.
- The figure was stripped down, and primer applied again.
- I took on the face again, and although not really satisfied with it, I guess it's passable.
- The neck scarf has again been blocked in and the first highlight put on - next will be a wash and then a series of highlights.
- The helmet is being painted using Danilo Cartacci's bronze technique. This time I used Tamiya clear orange instead of mixing my own orange using Citadel inks.
- I've blocked in the hair as well as the plume.
This is were it's at:

I'd say more soon... but we'll see - history has proven otherwise... ;-)

p.s. since taking these pictures last week I have since attempted the eyes and done the final shadows and highlights to the face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
steve readdie said...

Hi Rudi its steve readdie thought id drop by and say hello,nice to seee the legionary posted up and looking good.
all the best mate

Steve