Wednesday 24 June 2009

My Site Launched

I've been contemplating this a while. I'm not entirely convinced by the blog format for presenting a portfolio. And so, with that in mind, I've set up a site using sites.google as a host.

I set the site up about a week ago, and opened it to a sample group. I've now set the status to public. I'm still undecided on the name, but I doubt the URL will change. Please check it out and feel free to comment - either here or via email.

The URL: http://sites.google.com/site/rrscalemodels/

So what does the site contain, and what its purpose?

First the latter: my intent of the site is to present my modelling portfolio, consisting of reviews, articles, tutorials, current and completed works (albeit links if published on another site) on a single site, in an easy to navigate format.

What does and will it contain? Well really what I mentioned above: I'll be listing all the articles (reviews and features) I've had published on other sites. I may be posting some articles, tutorials, and works exclusively on my site, but we'll see how that plays out. I'll also be reposting most of the content of this blog there which will hopefully make it easier to find.

The site format is not without its limitations, but as far as I can estimate these outweight the limitations of the blog format. We'll see how this goes - wish me luck!

And please visit the new site!

1 comment:

Jamie Stokes said...

Hi Rudi,
looks like an ok start; its rolling to the end of the runway under its own power, with no danger of blowing up before take off.

I imagine that you will be adding pix direct to the gallery, as time allows, which would make it a "One stop shop".

The blog format does lend itself (and can be limited) to progression type work. A simple site like your new one does gather everything on one site in a more search-able manner.

Hope you add more thoughts on your workings with it. Such as specific benefits/ limitations etc.

Where in Google can we find this format?

Good start so far!

Cheers