Thursday 10 September 2009

And then some...

While I'm sure regular readers of this Blog are used to my somewhat infrequent updates, I thought I had better give everyone a brief (since when are my updates and comments ever "brief"? LOL!) update on what's been going on in my life distracting me from the cause.

As I mentioned previously the boss and I have recently bought our first house in Australia. And so, after an extended settlement period, the end of August saw us vacate the flat and trek out to the new house. Of course there is more to a household move than just "moving day" (MD): there are the weeks prior to MD packing up stuff, and then the weeks post MD cleaning the place (let's face it: people seldom clean a place they're leaving to the satisfaction of the new owners/tenants) and unpacking. We're sort of mid-way through the cleaning and unpacking phase. But wait, there's more! More dull stuff that is! When we left South Africa we flogged off our white goods and lounge suite, so whole weekends have been spent looking for the best deals on these as well as a bed for the guest bedroom (the outlaws arrive at the end of the month and apparently they can't sleep on the floor). So as you can see from this brief paragraph (I'll spare you the "exciting" details), there has been virtually zero time for modelling - in fact, I have yet to find my second photography lamp (but I did make unpacking all the models a priority!).

So that said, I've a couple of forthcoming reviews which I'll publish as soon as I find that darn lamp. These include:
  • The recent Alpine Panzer Crew (the set by Kristian Bodi featuring a figure wearing a leather flight suit);
  • An Ademola22 Landskneght bust;
  • And a few more 1/35 scale figures in both plastic and resin.

Hopefully I'll get the first 2 mentioned above done before the in-laws arrive. The month of their visit will be a write-off in terms of modelling and then some. Once I'm back though, the plan is also for me to start working on a few reviews exclusively for my own site (RRSM). So watch this space!

Tally ho!

2 comments:

Chas Young said...

Cool Rudi, good luck with everything.

This reminds me, I need to explain myself on my blog for the lack of modelling.

Chat soon mate.
Chas

steve readdie said...

Sounds liek your a busy man mate, hope you settle into your new home ok.

Bye the way
` why do woman get married in white`

`All kitchen appliances come in white LOL`

Best not tell the wife that though mate.

catch you later Rudi,

Steve