Tuesday 13 May 2008

A forgotten Sertorian Legionary update

This is actually an update from a few weeks ago. I posted it on HF but somehow forgot to post it here.

  • Face has now been finished off. Not 100% happy with it personally, but the missus likes it so I guess it'll do.

  • Scarf has been finished off with a wash followed by a series of highlights followed by a glaze.

  • Helmet's done.. don't ask me how, quite honestly I can't remember... I sort of followed Daniello's method substituting a few items for others I had...

  • Plume... Hmm, worked on this today. Started off with a BC of VC822 plus a dash of black, followed with a heavy wash of Citadel Black Ink. Then DB'ed the BC, followed by a couple more lighter coats. Finished off with another wash of Black Ink. Suspect the ink has toned the highlights down too much though... might have another pass with the highlight...

  • Mail has been treated with a wash of Lamp Black and Burnt Umber oils.

 

And yes, that really is clingwrap ("seran wrap"?) around the figure. Picked up the tip from Mike Butler over at Medrom. Prevents finger oils from contacting the figure and rubbing off the paint.

The mail was allowed to dry overnight, and was then treated to a Tamiya Smoke wash. I'm don't work with Tamiya acrylics too often, so I thought I'd better give a chance to dry properly overnight - probably overkill...

The groundwork as also been treated to a series of dry-brushings. To be honest I can't remember the colours, so it's probably not a good idea to ask me...

1 comment:

steve readdie said...

hi Rudi nice looking blog mate i might have to steal some of your ideas LOL.

take care mate

Steve Readdie