Wednesday 3 June 2009

RACV Motor Show - Australia Day 2009

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but since I'd promised it to my friend Mike High, then Associate Editor, for publication on Automodeler.com but was unable to deliver due to technical difficulties on the Kitmaker group of sites, I've only got around to having it published now. Sadly Mike has since resigned his position, but I do like to keep promises to friends - well at least attempt to keep them.
Actually, speaking of AutoModeler, Mike's resignation has left the site without a driver so, dear reader, if you do know of any modellers with a serious auto fetish who are interested in running a site, contact the Kitmaker publisher (contact details can be  found on Kitmaker.net). Until then, and on a temporary basis, Armorama Associate Editor James Bella and  I have volunteered to help out with AutoModeler. Unfortunately my auto knowledge is limited to air-cooled VW's, so I'm definitely not any kind of subject matter expert, but I do know my way around the Kitmaker engine.
Anyway, enough on that, more about the real purpose of this blog entry.

The King's Domain Gardens in Melbourne was the venue of the RACV's, in conjunction with the Federation of Veteran,Vintage and Classic Vehicle Clubs, 2009 Australia Day (26th of January) Motor Show. A real favourite with families, and in addition to many family activities, the Kings Domain Gardens featured the famous historic vehicle display, with more than 500 veteran, vintage and classic vehicles.
This being the first Australia Day for both my wife and I, we set forth to the Gardens, spending a wonderfully warm day out car looking - and it’s amazing, I did not get one "they all look the same" comment from The Missus, as even she enjoyed the day.

No comments: